This unit addresses the skills and knowledge required to work effectively in the role of a manager of team leaders. It covers communicating effectively, influencing decision making and demonstrating a commitment to self development. It is about personal effectiveness.
Undertake self-assessment in relation to one’s
performance and leadership style, evaluate current and future requirements of one’s work roles and maintain currency of knowledge in
required areas of technical and managerial expertise
At the end of the workshop, the participant will Know:
- Legal and ethical considerations relating to organisational communication and decision-making
- Organisational policies and procedures relating to organisational communication and development of professional competence
- Relationship between high level strategies and the development and implementation of business plans and processes at departmental level
- Types of decision-making models, methods and techniques
- Implications and impact of communication processes on stakeholders
- Implications and impact of one’s leadership style and capabilities on employees and the organisation
At the end of the workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Use appropriate methods of communication to delegate responsibilities and duties to team leaders
- Seek feedback from team leaders to enhance team cohesion and ensure common understanding of goals and requirements
- Use effective communication techniques and behaviours to demonstrate the organisation’s values and ethics
- Contribute to the development of implementation plans to support strategic priorities and facilitate decision making processes to garner support for the implementation plans
- Address barriers to communication to improve collaboration and effectiveness when working with team leaders
- Influence team leaders to pursue actions to support the achievement of the organisation’s strategic priorities
Participants interested in Leadership and People Management; participants of organisational Talent Development / Retention Program / New Manager Program and professionals interested in personal development.
This workshop will be conducted with a good blend of lectures, interaction, role plays, mapping out self-development path, experience sharing and WSQ assessments.
Duration: 2 days