You will learn the skills and knowledge required to build a healthy pipeline of talent pool within the organisation, review talent capabilities, identify skill needs and encourage personal learning and development.
Identify team leaders’ skill requirements, facilitate their learning opportunities to enhance performance and coach team leaders to help them develop their skills and gain confidence
At the end of the workshop, the participant will know about:
- Legal and ethical considerations relating to the management of capability development
- Organisational policies and procedures relating to capability development
- Relevant professional or industry codes of practice and standards relating to management of capability development as a manager of a department or cross functional team
- Implications and impact of coaching and mentoring activities on the individuals participating in the processes
- Models and methods of training needs analysis
- Market trends and developments on new and emerging skill requirements, talent management and learning and development
- Models, methods and tools for identifying, assessing and managing talent
- Professional or industry codes of practice and standards relating to talent management
- Line manager roles and accountabilities for implementing talent management processes.
At the end of the workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Review organisational strategies and business plans to identify impact on team competency requirements
- Review current skills of team leaders using appropriate methods and tools to identify skills requirements
- Work with team leaders to establish their learning priorities and learning and development plans
- Identify learning and development opportunities and provide resources and support to facilitate the development of team leader skills
- Review capability development approaches for team leaders to identify areas for improvement
- Provide coaching to team leaders to enhance their role performance, taking into consideration their emotional states
- Review coaching outcomes against coaching goals to identify areas for improvement in the coaching process.
Participants interested in Leadership and People Management; participants of organisational Talent Development / Retention Program / New Manager Program and professionals interested in personal development.
This workshop will be conducted with a good blend of lecture, interaction, role plays, sharing and WSQ assessments.
Duration: 2 days