– WSQ Lean Management in Service Industry
Competency Code: MF-PIM -401E-1
Lean is about doing “more” with “less”. It is a systematic and data driven method to improve efficiency in their work processes. LEAN will focus your service organization on the Value Added activities and eliminate the non-Value-adding activities. Many people associate Lean Management with manufacturing industry. Few people realize that Lean Management’s principles, concepts, tools and techniques can be applied to the Service Industry (Banks, insurance, healthcare, hospitals, retails, logistics, transportation, etc.) to achieve great savings from productivity by eliminating needless “waste” in the service industry.
- Introduction and understanding of LEAN
- Overview of LEAN and Six Sigma and their differences and benefits
- 5 Key LEAN principles
- Application of Six Sigma and Lean to Service Industry
- Flowcharting your work process to identify “pain points”
- Value Stream Map
- Application of some LEAN tools to analyze problem areas
- Chart and Trend Analysis – E.g. Pareto Chart, Histogram
- Ishikawa or Fish bone diagram
- Knowing the 7 types of waste (TIMWOOD)
- Step by step implementation of the lean tools to reduce or eliminate wastes
- Poka Yoke
- Implementation of a Continuous Improvement Process
- What is Kaizen
- Success criteria and challenges to implement Kaizen
- Steps to implement Kaizen
Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Heads, Senior Level Managers, team leaders and supervisors from any service industry responsible for Strategic Program Management, Continuous Improvement and Innovation, Business Excellence, process engineering, manufacturing, service delivery processes and organizational effectiveness.
This highly interactive workshop will be conducted with a good blend of instruction, discussions, case studies and simulation games. Participants will enjoy solving several real life problems using the techniques taught.
Workshop Duration: 2 Days
2017 Public Run Dates:
14 – 15 Mar, 2017
08 – 09 May, 2017
24 – 25 Aug, 2017
20 – 21 Nov, 2017
Fees and WSQ funding
1) Full Fee before Subsidy $500 / pax
2) If you are SME,
- If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, your course fee subsidy is 90% of the course fees. For the class , this funding works out to be 90% x $500 = $450 /pax. Your net fee after funding = $500-$450 = $50/pax
- If you are 35 or older, and earning $1900 / month or lesser, you can be under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme, your course fee subsidy is 95% of course fees or $. Net fee after subsidy is $500 – 475 = $25/pax
- Your absentee payroll reimbursement is up to 80% of the basic hourly salary, capped at $7.50/hr. This works out to be $7.50 x 16 hours = $120/pax
3) If you are non-SME,
- If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, Course fee subsidy is 50% of course fees, capped at $15/hr. For the class (claimable 16 hours), this funding works out to be $15 x 16 hrs = $240/pax. Your net fee after funding = $500-$240 = $260/pax.
- If you are 40 years or older, the subsidy is 90% of course fees, capped at $50 / hour for PME level. For the class, this funding works out to be 90% x $500 = $450. Your net fee after funding is $500 – $450 = $50/pax
- If you are 35 years or older, and earning $1900 /month or lesser, the subsidy is 95% of course fees = $475. Net fee after subsidy is $500 – $475 = $25/pax
- Your absentee payroll reimbursement is 80% of the basic hourly salary, capped at $4.50/hr. This works out to be $4.50 x 16 hrs = $72 /pax
Company-sponsored participants have to pay the full fee upfront to the provider and submit the training grant application to WDA within the period from 180 days before to 30 days after course start date. Upon successful completion of the course, customers have to submit the claims to WDA no later than 120 days after course end date.
4) If you are a Self Sponsored Individual,
- a. If you are a Singaporean below 40 years old, your subsidy is 50%, capped at $15 an hour. Your net fee will be $260
- b. If you are a Singaporean, 40 years old and above, your subsidy is 90%. Your net fee is $50
- c. You can pay your fees using your SkillFuture Credit.