A manager has to juggle with various demands, often with competing and conflicting priorities. As he does so, he must keep the organization goals in mind and balance them with the constraints that his staff face and the requirements that his customers demand.
This workshop equips a new manager with the essential skills to plan, organize, manage, control and lead his team towards organizational excellence.
Pre-requisites: Some management experience will be useful, but not essential.
Intended Audience: New managers and those with 1-2 years experience as a manager will benefit most from this workshop.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be:
- Understand the role of a manager and their responsibilities
- Understand the tasks of a modern manager in the changing environment
- Able to plan, set objectives and goals for his department based on organizational needs.
- Learn and apply the various essential managerial skills to lead and manage his team well
- Build a great team through motivation and team building techniques
- Get work done through others by good delegation techniques
- Coach their teams to success
- Handle change well, considering the people and organizational requirements and constraints
- Make well-thought out decisions, despite the uncertainty in the environment
- Utilize the various management resources effectively to fulfill the organizational and customer’s requirements
- Understand how processes and activities interact together to achieve efficiency and control
- Management the team’s performance via a series of critical success factors
- Introduction to Management
- Roles and responsibilities of a manager
- Goal Setting
- Managerial Skills
- Change Management
- Decision Making
- Managerial Resources
- Human Resource: Staffing
- Processes and Control
- Performance Measurement
- Management Next Step
- Preparing for the Future
Teaching Methodology: This fun-filled and dynamic workshop will be conducted with a good blend of instruction and discussions. Several case studies and real life examples will be discussed.
Duration: 3 days
(See also Management Skills for Technical Professionals and other related modules.)