Business Planning “the Space Race”
Failing to plan is planning to fail. Many businesses failed because of the lack of a plan, or a poorly developed plan.
All managers need to be able to develop a good business plan so as to ensure better chances of:
- Business growth,
- Winning market share,
- Available resources as business evolve and
- Surviving through business crisis.
This exciting and dynamic Business Planning Workshop trains the participants on business planning methodology with a backdrop theme of a Space Race. Drawing parallels to the scenario of a Space Race, the participants will learn about defining and development a vision, mission statement and organizational objectives. In the midst of building rockets and moon landing, participants can learn how to develop a robust business plan, encompassing the organizational strength, weaknesses, products, competition, market, customers and contingency.
Intended Audience: All Directors, Managers and managers-to-be.
Pre-requisites: Participants with a few years of experience in the supervisory / management position will be able to appreciate this course fully.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop a vision, mission statement and a set of business objectives
- Understand the customers requirements, their current and future business needs
- Understand the market and the competitive drivers which can impact the business
- Understand the organization’s internal product and services, their strengths and weaknesses
- Learn the basic of finance and its impact on the business plan
- Develop a business plan based on the above inputs and future projections
- Develop a contingency plan for the business.
- Welcome to the Space Race
- Introduction to Business Planning
- Vision, Mission and Objectives
- Customers Requirements
- Market and Competitions
- Products and Services
- Financial Analysis
- Developing 1st year plan
- Contingency Planning
- Building Spaceships – a planning game
- Space Communication Protocol – a game on efficiency of processes
- Space Landing – a game on creativity
- Space Crush! – a game about contingency planning
Methodology: This exciting and highly interactive workshop will be conducted with a good blend of instructions, management games, discussions and brainstorming. Participants should bring along their business data and initial plans for class discussions and further development of the actual plan.
- 2-days version: Overview planning
- 3-days version: Detailed planning