Turning Ideas into Gold: Selling Ideas
Consider these scenarios:
- You have a great idea and you know it will revolutionize the industry, how are you going to present it to your senior management to gain support?
- You have achieved success with your special project and now you have a burning desire to spin it off into a private venture. Where will you start? How can you convince the venture committee to fund your endeavor?
- You have found a different way of doing things and it will save your company thousands of dollars, how are you going to convince your team and change the way people work?
If these scenarios are familiar and close to your heart, then this course is for you.
Selling ideas is different from selling products. Products are tangibles. Customers can see and feel it. Selling Ideas is like selling vaporware.
How can you convince the management team or the innovation contest judges that your idea is the best and deserves their funding?
This is an optional add-on workshop to:
- Turning Ideas into Gold: Essentials
- Turning Ideas into Gold: Management
It focuses on how to sell your innovation ideas to senior management or judges. This is ideal if you are preparing your team for innovation competitions or for presentation to senior management for their support and funding.
This dynamic, fun and motivational course will teach you how to:
- Take your idea and critically evaluate its potential against the set of given judging criteria
- Craft your presentation
- Polish up its contents and delivery skills
- Present to your senior management or funding committee to gain support and the much needed funds to grow your idea
- And lots more.
To maximize the learning benefit and value-add, students are encouraged to bring in their most interesting business or technical ideas for the class to brainstorm and to use as case studies. Each participant can look forward to bring back great practical tips on how to turn their ideas into reality
Participants in the “Turning Ideas into Gold Workshops” or anyone who needs to sell their ideas to the contest judges or sponsors or venture capitalists.
- Original Ideas Presentation
- Understanding the Judging Criteria
- Polishing your content
- Leveraging on presentation techniques
- Presenting and selling your innovative ideas
This interactive workshop will be conducted with a good blend of instruction, discussions and brainstorming exercises. Participants are encouraged to bring their real-life ideas, projects, goals, dreams and problems to the class for discussions and ideas generation.